Tuesday, October 10, 2006

SECRET PAL QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

I am not a huge fan of acrylic. I love natural fibers - silk , wool , cashmere, cotton... i would love to try some of the new yarns - like soy and bamboo

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have some bags that I made and needle cases.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I'm an intermediate knitter .. I'm definitely not advanced- I like to do mindless knitting, like blankets , hats and stuff like that

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
YEs If you type in my email address (kiilani23.23@hotmail.com) it comes up http://www.amazon.com

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)
lavender ... gardenia .. and oils -- but NOT patchouli or musk

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
i love chocolate and SALT licorice and malt and GREEN TEA ice CREAM

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

i sew - i embroider - though i haven't in a while. I like crocheting.... I like crafts of most types.. though i 'm not big on scraping

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
YES YES YES- I love music of all sorts - there is a list on my profile. i like groups like thievery corp - , nick cave, dead can dance , chet baker, 70's rock , zero 7 , female singers-

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?

i like black , brown, dark reds - not orangey reds.. i like greens - but not mint green - not yellow

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

i am 16 weeks pregnant -due March 26 , I am married and have two awesome kitties. I live in NZ and miss my family and friends... in Hawaii and California.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Yes -

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I like to mindless knit.....scarves..hats..... gonna start some baby stuff

13. What are you knitting right now?
a blanket for the new baby in cashmere- cotton in lavender and white( not sure if it's a boy or girl yet). I'm about a third of the way done. and a pair of red knit pants from Stitch and Bitch Nation - for my friend Tamara's 7 month old . they are so cute they have a little tail!!! I 'm about 1/2 done.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
OF COURSE!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I prefer circulars!!!! I like bamboo !

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Somewhere in Hawai'i I have one in storage.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?

Yikes -- The three sweaters I talk about in the beginning of my blog- 6 yrs - 7 yrs- yikes

18. What is your favorite holiday
? I love Halloween -b ecause I love bats- and SPOOOKY - hahaha stuff. I was a little goth at heart.. They dont' really celebrate HAlloween here.

19. Is there anything that you collect?
vintage clothes esp. 1930's ( though it 's hard to find anything vintage here ) vintage trims - ribbons - and textiles!

No comments: