Friday, April 14, 2006





finally have time to do some crafty bits...and to enjoy
my kitties-
my garden- which just needs to be ripped up and replanted
my knitting
my sewing
my painting-re painting the lounge
reading: R.I.P., SALAD cook books, just finsihed- Strangers- by Taichi Yamada
listening to KCRW online

and maybe make some jewlery..

"work does interfere with my pleasure" JWH quote

I am more of a sewing gal.. and I crochet lots...but I've recently picked up my knitting needles again.

I still a beginner knitter- I had been knitting mostly hats and scarves- I have started 2 sweaters simultanteously. The pink one I started in 2000 when I was living in Berkeley, California ...then I moved to Hawai'i and my knitting ceased -- too hot . I now live in NZ - I have picked up the pink sweater - which I started with no pattern and no idea what I was doing. I was hoping I'd figure out what to do when I knitted up to the arm hole area. Then I decidedi didn't think I'd look great in pink - so i started a brown version - but with a pattern which I've decided alter. i think i'm being industrious for my first sweater-- but I think it will work out and I'll wear no matter -even if one sleeve is longer!!!

These are some photos of my half finished sweaters- both are bell sleeved and the striped thing - was a start of a poncho -I actually completed a few of them a few years ago for my sister and friends.. but i included this in here because I am running out of brown yarn, and I have to pull the striped gonna be a poncho - so I can use the brown yarn from that - or I could also put a big pink stripe across the front--don't know...

Living in NZ - you 'd think wool yarn would be plentiful and cheap.. but apparently all the wool is exported. I am actually knitting yarn from the States. I shipped alot of yarn here because it's so expensive here for yarn.which they call "wool" even if it's acrylic-- which alot of yarn here is...

No comments: