Saturday, July 08, 2006




GREEN GREEN green!!!!
I had limited computer usage lately... but I have been knitting . I am on a green thing right now.
I started a moss green ribbon with some fluff ( it is acrylic though - yuck) scarf. It is tapered at the ends I am knotting it at the ends. It's just stockingnette stitch (5 mm needles) and then I'll do a little crochet boarder to keep it from rolling when I am done.

The other piece is a shawl/wrap I am making for my grandmother's 80 th b-day in a few weeks. She lives in Hawai'i and I was picturing her wearing it with her muu muu and I wanted to make something light and air-y. I bought the yarn - a NZ merino and mohair blend ( it only took me 35 minutes to decide on the color, which is a record for me - andif the store wasn't closing it would have been longer). I am knitting it in garter stitch - using size 11 needles. I am half way done -it's about 2 feet long. I think I will make a clasp /pin of some sort or buy this pin thing. The yarn store had these great carved KORU PIN -stick things.. so I was thinking of something like that or something to hold the wrap on. Maybe like a stich holder and put some beads on it???????

I really had hard time picking a color because my grandma /Tutu wears reds, yellows, purples and Hawaiian prints. None of the yarn that I wanted, this nubby- merino /mohair blend was the right colors- so I thought I'd pick something that would go with all the colors that she usually wears -even though I have never seen her in green.. I hope she likes it . I also thought the colors remind me of New Zealand. We will see.

I think I'll do some sewing today today- I have some mending , and some alterations for a friend. I really want to make this dress that I have material for though..... not enough hours in the day!


No comments: